Get Help & Resources


Legal Requirements

By law, we're required to collect surrender paperwork. You will be provided this paperwork and asked to complete it if space is available. Please be aware that a valid photo ID is required. These forms are only required and accepted at the time of admission but we want you to be aware of the information we are required by law to collect. There are unfortunately no exceptions to these requirements as they are set by the Missouri Department of Agriculture for our license to remain effective.

Once we've confirmed with you that space is available, these forms can be printed and scanned back to us using any means available to you but email is preferred (note: we do not have a fax number available). If needed, there are some free and easy smartphone scanners available such as the ones listed below:

Scannable by Evernote for iOS
Tiny Scanner - PDF Scanner App for Android 

We will work with you to make it as easy as possible and you may be able to complete the forms via mail or in person, as needed.  

The form required for transfer from another licensed organization or control facility can be viewed here


Health Certificate from a veterinarian in the state of origin.

If you are writing from a state other than our home state of Missouri and will be transporting a cat over state lines, we are also required by law to obtain a health certificate from a veterinarian in the originating state. Please let us know if this will cause a issue and we will look into any possible available resources available to assist you; however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to assist. 


All questions about admitting a cat should be sent to

You can also leave us a message at (314) 808-2454, if desired. 

As a mainly volunteer-run organization, we aim to answer all requests within 24-48 hours and appreciate your patience. Our website has lots of nooks and crannies for finding ways to get help in the meantime and we are working on improving it every day. Please let us know if you see a need for improvement.

Thanks for helping cats!