A foster parent saves lives!
Becoming a Foster Parent for Tenth Life is one of the most direct, most rewarding, and possibly, most difficult ways you can help the organization and the many needy kitties we serve. Despite the occasional challenge with a very sick cat or very young kittens, most fostering experiences involve simply provide nourishment, housing, and affection to a needy and deserving feline.
All new Tenth Life foster parents must complete the following:
- Complete, sign and return the Foster Application and Contract.
- If you are interested in fostering neonates (bottle-fed kittens), additional training is required. Please contact us for more information.
- Host a home visit from one of our Foster Coordinators
Foster Parents are expected to:
- Provide a safe and loving indoor home for the cat(s) until adopted.
- Supply fresh litter, food, water, and grooming.
- Give your foster cat affection, play time, and attention.
- Ensure that your cat attends adoption events regularly for exposure to potential adopters.
- Take foster cat to veterinary appointments. (Tenth Life pays veterinary bills).
- Be at least 21 years of age and have the approval of all living in the space.
- Reside locally, within approximately 35 miles of one of our veterinarians and/or locations.
- Please note that if you have resident pets, we require that you provide an isolation space for your foster cat(s) and flea treat all pets using safe flea treatments (i.e., Frontline, Revolution). Please read the foster contract in full for more details.
- Additional requirements found in the Foster Packet